Working from the Heart
A safe, healthy, happy and interdependent community
Strengthening children, families and community…investing in our future
- We honour and live through the Seven Sacred Teachings and the Code of Honour that was developed by our young people.
- We believe in the inherent good and gifts of community and staff members.
- We believe in family, and take a broad and Indigenous view of family that is inclusive of extended family, community and the culture within which we thrive.
- We believe in and defend our children.
- We must care for our staff with loyalty and commitment.
- We recognize the right to Reciprocity – it is important to be able to openly ask and receive help and resources.
- We should always recognize and acknowledge community members and trust in their actions.
- We put people before paper – community, family and staff come first, while the requirements of the systems that support us come second.
- We work from the HEART.