Working from the Heart
A safe, healthy, happy and interdependent community
Strengthening children, families and community…
investing in our future
- Honouring and living through the Seven Sacred Teachings and the Code of Honour that was developed by our young people.
- It is our responsibility to believe in the inherent good and gifts of community and staff members (all have goodness regardless what may first be evident).
- We believe in family, and take a broad and Indigenous view of family that is inclusive of extended family, community and the culture within which we thrive.
- We believe in and defend our children.
- We must care for our staff – expect loyalty and commitment, and provide the same.
- There is a recognition and right to Reciprocity – it is important to be able to openly ask and to give (help and resources ) amongst one another.
- We should always recognize and acknowledge community membership and trust in their actions.
- We put people before paper – community, family and staff come first in their needs, while the requirements of the systems that support us, come second.
- Working from HEART is our overall approach.