Deadline: September 22, 2021
Classification: Permanent Full-Time (Monday-Friday 8:30 am-4:30 pm)
Location: Child Development Centre
Salary: To be negotiated
Under the supervision of the Day Care Program Coordinator and in accordance with the Ma Mawi WI Chi Itata Centre’s philosophy and principles for service, the Child Care Assistant will assume responsibility for providing support to toddlers enrolled at the Child Development Centre.
- • Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices.
- • Ability to provide one to one care to a child experiencing difficulties, while in daycare.
- • Experience working with a child that is aggressive with other children or has tantrums for lengthy periods.
- • Ability to plan and implement daily activities for children 1 to 2 years of age.
- • Strong communication skills for use with staff and parents.
- • Strong infant guiding skills.
- • Ability to maintain the health and safety of the children and environment.
- • Must be willing to work as a team member.
- • Ability to follow the philosophy of the Child Development Centre program.
- • Ability to work under stressful situations.
- • Valid Infant CPR and First Aid.
- • Subject to Criminal and Child Abuse checks