Deadline: October 21, 2021
Position: Communications & Community Engagement Liaison
Classification: Full-Time Term Position to March 31, 2022 (possible extension dependent on funding)
Location: Administration Site in Headingley, MB
Salary: Subject to Qualifications
The Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre is currently seeking a Communications and Community Engagement Liaison. Under the supervision of the Communications Manager and in accordance with the Centre’s philosophy and principles of service, the liaison will be a key link between community members and the Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre programs and services.
Responsibilities: Build and maintain a program guide, calendar of events, and contact lists.
- Facilitate effective internal communications with all Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata programs.
- Develop effective relationships with partnering organizations and community residents.
- Maintain active involvement on community issues, events, committees, and initiatives.
- Provide support and referrals through all communications channels.
- Triage requests received through email, phone, and social media.
- Support various communications plans and initiatives.
- Assist programs in developing content for print and digital.
- Provide support at Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata events (in-person and virtual)
- Assist with brand promotion.
- Maintain calendars and appointments.
- Prepare presentations and reports.
- Other general administrative duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- High degree of initiative with ability to take direction and work independently.
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Capable of maintaining Social Media tools such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and others.
- Experience working with WordPress, MailChimp, and Canva an asset.
Understanding of Indigenous values and community issues.
- Respectful to engage people and build helping relationships.
- Flexible to respond effectively and positively in diverse relationships.
- Subject to Criminal/Prior Contact and Child Abuse checks.
All letters of interest and Resumes must be received no later than 4:00 p.m., October 21, 2021.
Attention: Jacqueline Trout, Human Resources Assistant
Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre, Inc
350-200 Alpine Way
Headingley, Manitoba R4H 0B7
Fax #204-946-5042 or HR@mamawi.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As an Indigenous employer, we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.