MA MAWI WI CHI ITATA CENTRE, INC
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
October 6, 2022
Position: Communications Manager
Classification: Permanent Full Time
Location: Administrative Office Headingley, MB
The Communications Manager is responsible for promoting and protecting the Centre’s brand and reputation through multiple communications channels and providing leadership and support to the Centre’s Management and program staff.
- Update and implement effective communication strategies that build trust within the community we serve and create brand awareness for a diverse audience.
- Manage and protect the Centre’s brand and consistency, including developing templates for posters and pamphlets and procurement of promotional and marketing materials.
- Create press releases, press kits, newsletters, and related marketing materials.
- Planned and managed social media posts, giveaways, and campaigns for all Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre social platforms.
- Oversee and support communications staff and consultants.
- Other communications and administrative tasks as required.
- Understanding of Indigenous values and community issues.
- Degree or diploma in Communications, Journalism, PR, or related discipline.
- Strong working knowledge of communication principles and practices.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Communications related field.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication with strong writing and editorial abilities.
- Must possess strong project management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated success with social media tools.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office 365, WordPress, Adobe CC, media monitoring software, and other public relations tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency in desktop publishing, document layout, and basic graphic design and layout an asset.
- The ability to take high-quality photographs and produce videos and podcasts is an asset.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines and execute flawlessly on projects in a fast-paced, often pressured environment to see a project through to completion.
- Subject to Criminal/Prior Contact and Child Abuse Registry checks.
- Must be vaccinated against COVID-19
All letters of interest and Resumes must be received no later than 4:00p.m October 14, 2022
Brittany Delaquis, Human Resource Assistant
350-200 Alpine Way Headingley, Manitoba R3H 0B7
**Candidates will be asked to provide examples of their marketing/communications work. **