Deadline: November 18, 2021
Position Title: Family Group Conference Coordinator
Classification: Full-Time (One Year Term)
Salary: To be Negotiated
The Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre is currently seeking an individual for the position of Family Group Conference Coordinator. The candidate will be responsible for continuous program development, implementation, and evaluation. To enhance the Centre’s capacity to respond to general and child specific issues, regarding the needs of children in care of the Centre’s residential and foster placements programs using the Family Group Conference method. The incumbent will also be responsible for the supervision of approximately eight staff.
- B.S.W. degree or acceptable equivalent and related experience.
- Working knowledge of the Family Group Decision Making Conference Model.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Experience working with adolescents.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Strong program development skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of issues and practices in the social work field, particularly related to ChildWelfare.
- Strong assessment skills.
- Crisis counseling/problem solving skills
- Effective communication and written skills.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- First Aid/CPR certification.
- Current Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry and Prior Contact Checks required.
All letters of interest and resumes must be received no later than 4:00 p.m., November 26, 2021.
Human Resources Assistant
Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre
350-200 Alpine Way
Headingley, Manitoba R4H 0B7
Fax # 204 946-5042 or HR@mamawi.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As an Indigenous employer, we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply. www.mamawi.com