Deadline: January 21, 2022
Position: Family Mentor (2 Positions)
Classification: Permanent Full-Time (Monday-Friday, 12midnight-8:00 a.m.)
Location: Circle of Care Site
Starting Salary: Subject to Qualifications
Under the supervision of the Team Lead and in accordance with the Centre’s philosophy for service, the Youth Mentor will assume responsibility of providing support related to reunification to the youth and families participating in the program.
- Incumbent must be able to establish positive relationships with children/families, build on trust and genuine caring approach.
- Must have experience working with youth in crisis.
- Experience in parent/child conflict and family reunification activities.
- Must be able to model relevant life skills such as relationship development, empathy, time management, goal setting and attainment, and conflict management.
- Needs the ability to work cooperatively with other and contribute as a team member.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions.
- Knowledge of Child Welfare Legislation and Standards.
- Strong verbal and written communication ability.
- First Aid/CPR valid certification.
- Valid Manitoba Class 5 driver’s license.
- Current Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry and Prior Contact Checks required.
All letters of interest and resumes must be received no later than 4:00 p.m., January 21, 2022.
Human Resources Assistant
Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre, Inc
350-200 Alpine Way
Headingley, Manitoba R4H 0B7
Fax # 204-946-5042 or HR@mamawi.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As an Indigenous employer, we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.