MA MAWI WI CHI ITATA CENTRE, INC.
November 28, 2023
Position Title: Family Mentor
Classification: Permanent Full-Time Monday- Friday 12 am- 8 am
Location: Isobel’s Place
Salary: To be Negotiated
The Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre is currently seeking an individual for the position of a Family Mentor. Isobel’s Place strives to provide a nurturing and safe environment for pregnant adolescent parents to acquire skills necessary to make informed decisions and healthy choices for themselves and their children. Programming is designed to build on the capacities of children, parent, family and community through providing interactive learning experiences. The Family Mentor is responsible for maintaining and promoting the wellbeing, uniqueness and independence of each resident. This may include but is not limited to providing physical care, menu planning and meal preparation, medication administration, day-to-day house management and documentation. The Family Mentor supports the residents by promoting their involvement with family, friends, advocates and other stakeholders. The Youth Mentor also encourages the residents to develop individual skills, talents and abilities while maintaining their health and safety requirements. Isobel’s Place is a residential care facility that operates 24 hours, seven days per week.
- B.S.W. degree or acceptable equivalent and related experience.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Experience in working with Teen moms.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Strong program development skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of issues and practices in social work field, particularly related to Child Welfare.
- Strong assessment skills.
- Crisis counseling/problem solving skills
- Effective communication and written skills.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Current police and child abuse checks needed
Closing Date: All cover letters and Resume must be received no later than December 5, 2023 @ 4:00 pm.
Attention: Brittany Delaquis, Human Resources Assistant
Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre Inc.
350-200 Alpine Way
Headingley, MB R4H 0B7
Fax # 204-946-5042 or HR@mamawi.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As an Indigenous employer, we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to self declare when applying.