Position: Family Mentor
Classification: Permanent Full-Time Monday/Tuesday4pm-12am Sat/Sun 8am-8pm
Location: Circle of Care Site
Starting Salary: Subject to Qualifications
Background: Under the supervision of the Team Lead and in accordance with the Centre’s philosophy and principles for service the Youth Mentor will assume responsibility of providing support related to reunification to the youth and families participating in the program.
Knowledge and Personal Experience Requirements:
- Incumbent must be able to establish positive relationships with children/families, build on trust and genuine caring approach.
- Must have experience working with youth in crisis.
- Experience in parent/child conflict and family reunification activities.
- Must be able to model relevant life skills such as relationship development, empathy, time management, goal setting and attainment, and conflict management.
- Needs the ability to work cooperatively with other and contribute as a team member.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions.
- Knowledge of Child Welfare legislation and standards.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- CPR and First Aid valid Certification.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- All employees are subject to a criminal record check and child abuse registry check.
All letters of interest and resumes must be received no later than June 22, 2022@ 4:00 pm
Attention: Margaret MacKinnon
Human Resources Manager
Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre
350-200 Alpine Way
Headingly, Manitoba R4H 0B7
Fax 946-5042 or email@example.com
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.