Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre, Inc
EXTERNAL Employment Opportunity
May 18, 2023
Position: Finance Manager
Classification: Permanent Full-Time (Executive)
Location: Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre Administrative Office Headingly, MB (Urban Reserve)
Background: The Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre Inc. is seeking an individual for the position of Finance Manager. The incumbent will be responsible for the management of the finance department to ensure timely, accurate, and complete accounting information. Provide leadership and coordination of organization financial analysis and ensure the organization’s accounting procedures and reporting conform to appropriate accounting standards. Acting as a business partner and enabling strong organizational performance by providing the organization with Operational Finance insights related to the financial details of past, present, and expected programs. The Finance Manager will report directly to the Executive Director. The Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre is a registered non-profit charitable organization with an operating budget of $20 million, 200+staff, 12 locations, annual Audit, and funding partners from government (s), foundations, donors, and event revenue. Incumbent must have at least 5 years’ experience in the non-Profit sector.
- Oversee the issuance of financial information to funders and ensuring the adherence to deadlines.
- Report financial results of various programs to the board of directors.
- Assist in formulating the organization’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives.
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans.
- Develop financial strategies.
- Lead the development and monitoring of financial and operational Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Develop performance measures that support the organization’s strategic direction.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the Leadership Team.
- Oversee the financial operations.
- Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced.
- Oversee the organization’s transaction processing systems.
- Implement operational best practices.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the organization’s risk profile.
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
- Ensure that the organization’s financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes.
- Manage the preparation of all financial reports including program reporting.
- Oversees month end and year end duties; including various account reconciliations and accruals (obtaining information, creating entries, and ensuring proper support documents are in place)
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies Maintain banking relationships.
- An accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) or MBA is an asset.
- Minimum 7 to 10 years experience in Finance and Accounting
- Ability to lead a team of six Financial Analysts
- Strategic mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- At least 5 years’ experience in the Non-Profit sector
All letters of interest and resumes must be received no later than 4:00 pm, June 9, 2023.
Brittany Delaquis, Human Resources Assistant
Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre, Inc
350-200 Alpine Way
Headingley, Manitoba R4H 0B7
Fax #204-946-5042 or HR@mamawi.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As an Indigenous employer, we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.
IF INDIGENOUS, PLEASE SELF-DECLARE ON YOUR COVER LETTER/RESUME AS INDIGENOUS (FIRST NATION, METIS AND/OR INUIT).