November 14, 2023
Position Title: Home-Based Crisis Intervention Mentor
Location: King Street office (home base)
Salary: To be negotiated
The Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre is currently seeking an individual for the position of Home-Based Crisis Intervention Mentor. This Mentor will be required to respond to referrals from various community partners on an immediate basis. The activities shall range from homemaker duties, childcare, respite, parent support services, mediation, conflict resolution, emotional support, and recreational activities. These wide ranges of duties are to be in the best interest of the child and their families.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and sensitivity to the issues that impact on children/youth/families.
- Have the skill and ability to mentor youth and/or adults in crisis.
- Have the ability to support goal setting and attainment for families in varying level of crisis.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Report writing skills in advocating for families.
- Possess organizational skills and an ability to work independently and creatively.
- Independent problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of Indigenous and community issues.
- Knowledge and skills to work with children/ youth.
- Computer skills would be an asset.
- Strong motivational and leadership skills.
- Be a team player/facilitator.
- Time Management skills.
- Must possess a valid Manitoba Drivers license and access to a vehicle.
- Must have current Police and Child abuse checks.
Open Until Filled
Brittany Delaquis Human Resources Assistant
Ma Mawi WI Chi Itata Centre, Inc
305-200 Alpine Way
Headingly, Manitoba R4H 0B7
Fax 946-5042 or HR@mamawi.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As an Indigenous employer, we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to self-declare when applying. www.mamawi.com