Deadline: 4:00 p.m., January 20, 2022
Location: 547 Notre Dame would be home base
Salary: To be negotiated
The Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre is currently seeking individuals to work casually with the Home Based Crisis Intervention Program. The HBCI worker will be required to respond to referrals from McDonald Youth Services Mobile Crisis, Brief Treatment Teams as well as Internal on an immediate basis. The activities shall range from parent support services, mediation, conflict resolution, emotional support, and recreational activities. These are a wide range of duties that are in the best interest of the child and their families. Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as needed on occasion.
- • Demonstrate an understanding of and sensitivity to the issues that impact children/youth/families.
- • Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- • Proficient report writing ability in advocating for families.
- • Possess organizational skills and the ability to work independently and creatively.
- • Independent problem-solving skills.
- • Understanding of Indigenous and community issues.
- • Knowledge and skills to work with children/youth/families.
- • Fundamental computer skills and Microsoft office knowledgeable.
- • Strong motivational and leadership ability.
- • Be a team player/facilitator.
- • Efficient and effective time management skills.
- • Must possess a valid Manitoba driver’s license.
- • Access to a vehicle would be an asset.
- • Valid First Aid/CPR certiciation.
- • Current Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry and Prior Contact Checks required.
Closing Date: All letters of interest and resumes must be received no later than 4:00 p.m., January 20, 2022.
Human Resources Assistant
Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre Inc.
350-200 Alpine Way
Headingley, Manitoba R4H 0B7
Fax # 204-946-5042 or HR@mamawi.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As an Indigenous employer, we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.