MA MAWI WI CHI ITATA CENTRE, INC
Internal/External Employment Opportunity
August 9, 2023
Position: Maintenance Worker (H.O.M.E – Hands of Mother Earth Site)
Classification: Permanent Part-Time (40 hrs, shifts TBD)
Location: St. Laurent (Rural Community)
Starting Salary: Subject to Qualifications
The Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre is currently seeking an individual for the position of Maintenance Worker with our Hands of Mother Earth (H.O.M.E) residential facility. H.O.M.E strives to provide a nurturing and safe environment for high risk youth ages 13-17 years old. The site is a six-bed facility operating 24 hours, 7days a week with a range of assessment and support services. H.O.M.E is a safe house that provides care, safety and supervision through structured programs, intense holistic support services and healing opportunities for residents and their families.
- Responsible for all maintenance and repairs of the site.
- Maintain compliance with all Health & Safety rules & regulations.
- Accountable for building repairs and maintenance within an assigned budget.
- Clears paths and walkways; snow removal.
- Organizes recycling and garbage disposal.
- Keeps the grounds tidy.
- Assists with maintaining ceremonial equipment (eg. Fire pit)
- Current WHMIS certification.
- Ensure compliance with WHMIS and any other required legislation regarding chemical products.
- Works with and understands various cleaning chemicals, ensuring the right products are being used for the right jobs.
- Maintains an adequate supply of cleaning materials and supplies.
- Restocks materials and supplies as needed.
- Records and reports the need for any equipment maintenance and/or repairs.
- Regularly inspects the common areas and site, reports damages and acts of violence.
- Responds to building maintenance emergencies.
- Completes logbooks as necessary.
- Must have a valid Manitoba Driver’s Licence.
- Current Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry and Prior Contact Checks required.
Open until filled.
Brittany Delaquis, Human Resources Assistant
Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre, Inc 350-200 Alpine Way
Headingley, Manitoba R4H 0B7
Fax # 204-946-5042 or HR@mamawi.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As an Indigenous employer, we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to self-declare when applying. www.mamawi.com