MA MAWI WI CHI ITATA CENTRE, INC
Internal/External Employment Opportunity
March 27, 2023
Position: Neighborhood Care Helper- Ozosunon Program
Classification: Permanent Full Time
Location: 445 King Street
Starting Salary: Subject to Qualifications
The Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre Inc. is currently seeking an individual for the position of Neighborhood Care Helper within the Ozosunon (Ojibway for “Nest”) Program. Responsibilities would include facilitating the care plan implementation, accessing resources and provide advocacy for children and families to enable care plans, provide timely support and direction to the care provider, work with the Child and Family Service worker in a team approach, regularly monitor the well being of each child in care within your community site. Develop a network of connections by being involved at the grassroots community level, become familiar with and utilize formal/informal supports.
- Post secondary education in the area of Human Services or acceptable equivalent/related experience.
- Working knowledge of the Child Welfare Legislation and Standards.
- An understanding of the guidelines and policies set forth in Foster Home licensing standards.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in written form, including effective use of computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Ability to implement program polices and protocols.
- Knowledge/understanding and willingness to promote culturally sensitive care for children within our foster homes and promote this knowledge with care providers.
- Able to maintain an effective working relationship with Indigenous and non-Indigenous, mandated and non-mandated organizations.
- Must be a team player encouraging an environment that fosters effective results within a team.
- Understanding of Indigenous values and community issues and Trauma Informed Care.
- Respectful to engage people/families and build effective relationships within the Ozosunon program.
- Must have a valid Manitoba’s drivers license and access to a vehicle.
- Subject to Criminal Record check, Child Abuse Registry and Prior Contact checks.
All letters of interest and resumes must be received no later than April 3, 2023, at 4:00 PM
Brittany Delaquis, Human Resources Assistant
Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre, Inc
350-200 Alpine Way
Headingley, Manitoba R4H 0B7
Fax # 204-946-5042 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As an Indigenous employer, we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.