Community Driven Programs and Services
Community Care locations are natural gathering places for Winnipeg’s urban Indigenous community to create community driven, culturally relevant prevention and support-based programs and services that include drop-in, emergency services, workshops, training and volunteer opportunities.
Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre’s three (3) neighbourhood sites. These include:
- Asset Builders Program – money management skills in addition to saving for needed assets such as furniture, medical expenses, education, supports to education, business related assets, or other household necessities.
- Community Drop-In – Provides an opportunity to talk about parenting concerns, learn together, have fun and socialize on different topics.
- Computer Lending Program – Provides donated computers to community members including the opportunity to build and maintain computer systems.
- Connections – Emergency Services – Helps to alleviate emergencies facing families in financial crisis. Families and Individuals may receive short- term assistance and services to restore personal health and well-being.
- Free Internet Access – Provides free access for employment searches, research and advocacy/support.
- Home Based Crisis Intervention– Provides a community-based option for emergency and crisis services for children and families who are experiencing emotional, behavioural or psychiatric difficulties.
- Parenting Groups – Provides information sessions for parents seeking to learn about positive parenting.
- Personal Growth and Development Groups / Workshops
- Spirit of Peace – Helps families heal from the effects of violence. Provides a variety of services in order to deal with the whole person and family.
- Volunteer Program– provides opportunities for community members to get involved in their community and learn new skills.
Larsen Neighborhood Care Site Coming Soon !
McGregor Neighborhood Care Site
363 McGregor Street
Winnipeg, MB R2W 4X4
Spence Community Care Site
443 Spence Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3B 2R8