Community Driven Programs and Services
Community Care locations are natural gathering places for Winnipeg’s urban Indigenous community to create community driven, culturally relevant prevention and support-based programs and services that include drop-in, emergency services, workshops, training and volunteer opportunities.
Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre’s three (3) neighbourhood sites. These include:
- Asset Builders Program – money management skills in addition to saving for needed assets such as furniture, medical expenses, education, supports to education, business related assets, or other household necessities.
- Community Drop-In – Provides an opportunity to talk about parenting concerns, learn together, have fun and socialize on different topics.
- Computer Lending Program – Provides donated computers to community members including the opportunity to build and maintain computer systems.
- Connections – Emergency Services – Helps to alleviate emergencies facing families in financial crisis. Families and Individuals may receive short- term assistance and services to restore personal health and well-being.
- Free Internet Access – Provides free access for employment searches, research and advocacy/support.
- Home Based Crisis Intervention– Provides a community-based option for emergency and crisis services for children and families who are experiencing emotional, behavioural or psychiatric difficulties.
- Parenting Groups – Provides information sessions for parents seeking to learn about positive parenting.
- Personal Growth and Development Groups / Workshops
- Spirit of Peace – Helps families heal from the effects of violence. Provides a variety of services in order to deal with the whole person and family.
- Volunteer Program– provides opportunities for community members to get involved in their community and learn new skills.
Anderson Neighborhood Care Site
318 Anderson Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R2W 1E5
McGregor Neighborhood Care Site
363 McGregor Street
Winnipeg, MB R2W 4X4
Spence Community Care Site
443 Spence Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3B 2R8