February 1, 2024
Position: Sacred Connections Helper
Location: 445 King Street Gathering Place for Truth and Reconciliation.
Starting Salary: Subject to Qualifications
Summary: The Sacred Connections Helper, under the direction of the Keeper of the Spirit Coordinator, will be responsible for Knowledge Keeping/ Learning/ Helping – Is required to work as part of the Keeper of the Spirit circle providing Indigenous-led holistic healing and cultural support to Ma Mawi Chi Itata Centre, Inc. and the community. The Helper uses Indigenous teachings to maintain and promote cultural values and holistic beliefs to support the cultural duties of the Keeper of the Spirit Coordinator.
- Indigenous knowledge learner in holistic medicines, nutrition, and/or Indigenous studies student or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience helping with traditional Indigenous and/or therapeutic support to people.
- Experience helping with facilitating sharing/healing groups or a passion to learn.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effective organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining an effective working relationship with Indigenous and non-Indigenous non-mandated organizations.
- Strong motivational and learning abilities
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with staff, other agencies, and the public.
- Strong helping knowledge of Indigenous ways of knowing with an emphasis on spiritual/mental and physical well-being.
- A helper who will encourage an environment that fosters effective results in teams.
- Respectful when engaging with people and building helping relationships.
- Flexible to respond effectively and positively in diverse relationships.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to be a team player with a welcoming attitude.
- CPR and/or Standard First Aid Certification are preferred.
- Position is subject to criminal record, child abuse, and prior contact check.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office, zoom, Microsoft teams and outlook.
- Please provide a recent copy of a Criminal check and Child Abuse checks.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license is preferred.
Open until filled.
Attention: Brittany Delaquis
Human Resources Assistant
Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre Inc.
350-200 Alpine Way
Headingley, MB R4H 0B7
Fax: 204-946-5042 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As an Indigenous employer, we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to self-declare when applying. www.mamawi.com