Is lack of quality sleep leaving you groggy in the mornings?
How you feel during your waking hours hinges greatly on how well you sleep. Pay attention to your sleep/wake pattern and try to adjust it to the natural body clock-circadian rhythm to achieve a good night’s rest, every night!
Try the following tips to bring your body back to its natural rhythm:
- CONSISTENCY IS VITAL. Keep consistent bedtime and wake up hours.
- NAP TO MAKE UP FOR LOST SLEEP. Take shorter afternoon or early evening naps when possible.
- TAKE AN EARLY DINNER. Leave about 2 hours between your dinner and your bedtime.
- INCREASE LIGHT EXPOSURE IN THE DAY. Spend more time outside during daylight.
- DARK IS BEST. When it’s time to sleep make sure the room is dark.
- TEMPERATURE. Keep your room cool while you sleep!
Experts recommend at least 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep for an average human being. Sleep well, keep well.
Do you have any tips you would like to share? Comment below!