Deadline: June 6, 2022
Classification: Term Full Time to March 31, 2023
Location: 800 Selkirk Avenue
Starting Salary: Subject to Qualifications
The Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre is currently seeking an individual for the position of Care Planner. The incumbent will be required to work as part of the Wi Che Win team to provide holistic support services to our program participants which will include our Youth homelessness population. The activities shall range from individual support services, home visits, and supporting participants’ individualized plans.
A brief overview of duties:
In consultation with the team, provide support and walk with participants as they move from being homeless to having homes. Assist participants in acquiring and maintaining a home, accessing emergency housing if needed, and providing the knowledge and skills needed to become good neighbors and successful tenants. Support participants’ individualized plans of action and their work on the implementation of goals. Assist by (a) responding to participants’ crises on an immediate basis, (b) further assessing the needs of the participant, and (c) delivering the service in a timely, professional, and effective manner.
- Youth Care Diploma or acceptable equivalent and related experience
- Care Planning and healing plan development and implementation with the participants.
- Working knowledge of crisis intervention strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining an effective working relationship with Indigenous participants.
- Liaises and consults with collateral agencies with regards to a specific service recipient or service concerns in general
- Needs to have the ability to work cooperatively with others and contribute as a team member.
- Ability to work under stressful situations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of Indigenous values.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
- Provide current within the last three months Police/Child Abuse checks
Closing Date: All letters of interest and resumes must be received no later than June 6, 2022, at 4:00 PM
Human Resources Manager
Ma Mawi WI Chi Itata Centre, Inc
305-200 Alpine Way
Headingly, Manitoba R4H 0B7
Fax 946-5042 or email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As an Indigenous employer, we encourage First Nations, Inuit, and Métis applicants to apply.