Deadline: January 21, 2022
Classification: Permanent Full-Time (Monday to Friday, 12midnight – 8:00 a.m.)
Location: Honouring the Spirit of Our Little Sisters
Salary: Subject to Qualifications
The successful candidate will be responsible to facilitate and support at-risk females and transgender youth ages 13-17 years. The site is a six-bed facility that will operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and offer a range of assessment and support services. It is anticipated that all six beds would run at a high rate of occupancy within short-term and long-term residency.
The facility will be a safe and nurturing environment where young women will have the opportunity to experience a strong sense of caring, support, and encouragement while building the capacity to achieve their dreams.
- Child & Youth Care Diploma or acceptable equivalent and related experience;
- Experiential applicants are encouraged to apply;
- Residential Care experience would be an asset;
- Supporting Caseload & Healing Plans and implementing with the young women;
- Provides support/supervision to the residents;
- Program development and facilitation skills;
- Incumbent must be aware of the impact and effects of sexual exploitation/abuse on the lives of the young women and be able to establish relationships with resident’s build on trust and genuine caring;
- Must have the ability to work cooperatively with others and contribute as a team member;
- Ability to work under stressful situations;
- Knowledge of the Child Welfare Legislation and Standards;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Understanding of Indigenous values and community issues;
- Current First Aid/CPR Certification;
- Valid Manitoba Class 5 Drivers License;
- Current Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry and Prior Contact Checks required.
All letters of interest and resumes must be received no later than 4:00 p.m., January 21, 2022.
Attention: Jacqueline Trout
Human Resources Assistant
Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre, Inc
350-200 Alpine Way
Headingley, Manitoba R4H 0B7
Fax # 204-946-5042 or HR@mamawi.com