Classification: Part-Time, Wednesday (4 p.m.-12 a.m.) & Sat/Sun (8 a.m.-8 p.m.)
Location: Hands of Mother Earth Site (Rural Community, Outside of Winnipeg)
Starting Salary: Subject to Qualifications
The Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre is currently seeking an individual for the position of Youth Mentor with our Hands of Mother Earth (H.O.M.E) residential facility. H.O.M.E strives to provide a nurturing and safe environment for high-risk youth ages 13-17 years old. The site is a six-bed facility operating 24 hours, 7days a week with a range of assessment and support services. H.O.M.E is a safe house that provides care, safety, and supervision through structured programs, intense holistic support services, and healing opportunities for residents and their families.
- Child & Youth Care Diploma or acceptable equivalent and related experience.
- Residential care experience considered would be an asset.
- Caseload and healing plan development to implement with the young women.
- Provide support/supervision to the residents.
- Program development and facilitation skills.
- Liaise and consult with collateral agencies regarding specific service recipient or service concerns in general.
- Incumbent must be aware of the impact and effects of sexual exploitation / abuse on the lives of the young women and be able to establish relationships with residents, build on trust and genuine caring.
- Must have the ability to work cooperatively with others and contribute as a team member.
- Ability to work under stressful situations.
- Knowledge of the child welfare legislation and standards.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of Indigenous values and community issues.
- Current first aid/CPR with AED, Level C certification.
- Valid Manitoba driver’s license and access to a vehicle required.
Attention: Jacqueline Trout
Human Resources Assistant
Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre, Inc
350-200 Alpine Way
Headingley, Manitoba R4H 0B7
Fax # 204-946-5042 or HR@mamawi.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As an Indigenous employer, we encourage First Nations, Inuit, and Métis applicants to apply.