MA MAWI WI CHI ITATA CENTRE, INC
INTERNAL / EXTERNAL Employment Opportunity
February 2, 2023
Position: Youth Helper
Classification: Part-Time, Sat-Sun 8pm-8am
Location: Hands of Mother Earth Program
Starting Salary: Subject to Qualifications
The Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre is currently seeking an individual for the position of Youth Helper within our Hands of Mother Earth (H.O.M.E) Care Home. H.O.M.E strives to provide a nurturing and safe environment for high-risk youth ages 13-17 years old. The site is a six-bed facility operating 24 hours, 7days a week with a range of assessment and support services. H.O.M.E is a safe house that provides care, safety and supervision through structured programs, intense holistic support services and healing opportunities for residents and their families.
- Child & Youth Care Diploma or acceptable equivalent and related experience.
- Previous Care Home experience preferred.
- Caseload and Healing Plan development to implement with the young women.
- Provide support and supervision to the residents.
- Program development and facilitation skills.
- Liaise, supervise and consult with collateral agencies with regard to specific service recipient or service concerns in general.
- Incumbent must be aware of the impact and effects of sexual exploitation / abuse on the lives of the young women and be able to establish relationships built on trust and genuine caring.
- Must have the ability to work cooperatively with others and contribute as a team member.
- Ability to work under stressful situations.
- Knowledge of the Child Welfare Legislation and Standards.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of Indigenous values and community issues.
- Current First Aid/CPR with AED, Level C certification.
- Valid Manitoba driver’s License and access to a vehicle is required.
All letters of interest and resumes must be received no later than February 9, 2023, at 4:00 PM
Brittany Delaquis, Human Resources Assistant
Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre, Inc
350-200 Alpine Way
Headingley, Manitoba R4H 0B7
Fax # 204-946-5042 or HR@mamawi.com