INTERNAL/EXTERNAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY COMPETITION
November 28, 2023
Position: Youth Mentor
Classification: Permanent Full-Time (Saturday Sunday 8 am-8pm Monday, Tuesday 4pm-12 am)
Location: Circle of Care Site
Starting Salary: Subject to Qualifications
The Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre is an seeking individual for the Youth Mentor position. The successful candidate will be responsible to facilitate and support at-risk females 14-17 years of age in care with Winnipeg Child and Family Services. The site is a 10-bed facility that will operate 24 hours a day, 7days a week and offer a wide range of assessment and support services. It is anticipated that all beds would run at a high rate of occupancy with a 30-45 day maximum residency. The Circle of Care program is a safe and nurturing environment where young women will have the opportunity to experience a strong sense of caring, support and encouragement while building capacity to achieve their dreams.
- Child & Youth Care Diploma or acceptable equivalent and related experience;
- Residential Care experience would be an asset;
- Supporting Caseload and healing plans and implementing with the young women;
- Provides support/supervision to the residents;.
- Program development and facilitation skills;
- Incumbent must be aware of the impact and effects of sexual exploitation/ abuse on the lives of the young women and be able to establish relationships with resident’s build on trust and genuine caring;
- Must have the ability to work cooperatively with others and contribute as a team member;
- Ability to work under stressful situations;
- Knowledge of the Child Welfare Legislation and Standards;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Understanding of Indigenous values and community issues;
- First Aid/CPR Certification;
- Valid Manitoba Class 5 Drivers License;
- Current Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry and Prior Contact Checks required.
All letters of interest and resumes must be received no later than 4:00 p.m., December 5, 2023.
Attention: Brittany Delaquis, Human Resources Assistant
Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre Inc.
350-200 Alpine Way
Headingley, MB R4H 0B7
Fax # 204-946-5042 or HR@mamawi.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As an Indigenous employer, we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to self declare when applying.