Community of Caring Elements
Community Voice: Honouring community voice by creating opportunities and supporting Community Care Centre’s Neighbourhood Councils, Sacred 7 Youth Council, Board of Directors, Children in Care and regular consultations with our Indigenous community that informs and guides our services.
Relationships: Community of Caring requires relationships and relationships result in meaningful partnerships with stakeholders from government, private sector, philanthropy and our large network of sister organizations and community members. We equally value our internal relations.
Opportunities: is the cornerstone of our approach to services that strives to build community capacity for self-care. Increased skills and knowledge results when building on strengths and being value based.
Leadership in Action: Fostering leadership opportunities and affecting positive change in how the ‘systems’ delivers services to families and community (the Ma Mawi way).
Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata’s 5 year strategic directions include:
- Working to continually strengthen children, youth, families and community.
- Maintaining the values of Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata, and following the Code of Honour.
- Assisting in building safer communities through community driven solutions.
- Protecting children and keeping families together.
- Providing opportunities to succeed for both community and staff.
- Continuing to take a leadership role with the support of strong sister organization networks.
Our Code of Honour
Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata pledge and practice the following Code of Honour:
- We tell the truth.
- We seek only peace.
- We keep our word.
- We stand up for what is right.
- We treat each other with respect.
- We listen with our hearts, then speak from our hearts.
- We support one another to follow the code.