- November 30, 2015 – Meegwetch to the Community and 5 Year Strategic Plan Launch hosted at the Indian and Metis Friendship at 4pm to 7pm.
- Dec 5, 2015 – Free Holiday Breakfast at Indian and Metis Friendship at 7:30 pm to 10am
- Dec 19, 2015 – Community Holiday Hampers (help deliver) RB Russell School
Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre is recruiting Foster Parents:
Foster Parents whom are a part of the Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Children in Care Foster Care Program provide culturally competent, safe and nurturing homes for individual and sibling groups based on a community care model.
The Children in Care Program offers advocacy, expert training, intensive clinical support and respite for all Foster Parents who are providing care. The focus within our Children in Care service model is to work as a team with the foster family, mandated agencies, collaterals and where possible our birth families.
Successful applicants will be required to have the following education, skills and abilities:
- First Aid Certification
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
- Suicide Prevention and Intervention
- Knowledge of Child Development
- Good Problem Solving Ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
Duties and responsibilities of Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Foster Parents:
Working in conjunction with the Children in Care Program team and collaterals, foster parents are responsible for providing daily care of children operating as a full time caregiver.
Caregivers are responsible for maintaining daily care and communication (telephone calls and documentation) for the children in their care.
Foster parents participate in ongoing learning and comprehensive training. Successful applicants will be subject to Criminal Record, Child Abuse Registry Checks, and Prior Contact Checks.
For more information regarding our application process, please contact:
Ozosunon (Long Term)
Cory Gregorashuk (Short Term)
Sue Mozdzen (Emergency)