Community Driven Programs and Services
Community Care sites are natural gathering places for Winnipeg’s urban Indigenous community to create community driven, culturally relevant prevention and support-based programs and services that include drop-in, emergency services, workshops, training and volunteer opportunities. All are welcome !
Larsen Community Care Site Coming Soon !
McGregor Community Care Site
363 McGregor Street
Winnipeg, MB R2W 4X4
Spence Community Care Site
443 Spence Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3B 2R8
- Asset Builders Program – Learn money management skills, and how to save for needed assets such as furniture, medical expenses, education, supports to education, business related assets, or other household necessities.
- Community Drop-In – An opportunity to talk about parenting concerns, learn together, have fun and socialize on different topics. Free coffee.
- Short Term Emergency Services – Helps to alleviate emergencies facing families in financial crisis. Families and individuals may receive short term assistance and services to restore personal health and well-being. Provides hot meals, transit tickets for appointments, as well as baby needs and food kits for families in need.
- Free Internet Access – Free access for employment searches, research and advocacy/support.
- Lunch Program
- Parenting Groups – Information sessions for parents seeking to learn about positive parenting.
- Personal Growth and Development Groups / Workshops
- Referrals and Advocacy
- Senior and Youth Programming – Seniors are welcome to attend the drop in program on a daily basis to socialize with other community members, have coffee, play cards or board games, attend workshops on topics such as safety and healthy eating, and to volunteer. Seniors also enjoy special activities in the community such as bowling and billiards, Assiniboine Downs, sewing and star blanket programs, and art therapy.
- Spirit of Peace – Helps families heal from the effects of violence and provides a variety of services in order to deal with the whole person and family. Provides hot meal and transit tickets.
- Volunteer Program– Opportunities for community members to get involved in their community and learn new skills.