POSTING NUMBER – 24-02- 16 (Please include this number when applying)
February 8, 2024
Position Title: Team Lead (Hands of Mother Earth)
Classification: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Rural Community
Salary: To be Negotiated.
The Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre is currently seeking an individual for the position of Team Lead for the Hands of Mother Earth (H.O.M.E) Healing Lodge. H.O.M.E strives to provide a nurturing and safe environment for high-risk youth ages 13 to 17 years old. The site is a six- bed home that operates 24 hours, 7days a week and offers a range of programming and support services. H.O.M.E is a safe house that provides care, safety and supervision through structured programs and intense holistic support services with healing opportunities for youth and their families.
- Participates in establishing, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of program, policies, standards and procedures.
- Maintains an awareness of and facilitates knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and practices of governments and external agencies that impact upon the program.
- Ensures all Standards are followed, and proper records and documentation is in place and accurate.
- Prepares for and participates in annual licensing renewals.
- Assists in hiring and training new employees.
- Provides direction and supervision of operational directives with staff.
- Assists individual staff in the assessment, development and implementation of care plans.
- Manage and complete evaluations related to staff work performance.
- Identifies and arranges individual and program area training needs.
- Manages expenditures relating to the area of responsibilities.
- Maintains an accurate record of statistical and financial information.
- BSW degree or acceptable equivalent and related experience.
- Extensive knowledge with residential licensing and operating standards.
- Knowledge and experience working with high-risk vulnerable youth.
- Ability to work under demanding conditions.
- Independent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Knowledge of child welfare legislation and standards.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Residential care facility experience would be a definite asset.
- Strong motivational and leadership ability.
- Proficient and professional ability to work with collateral agencies.
- A team player/facilitator to encourage an environment that fosters effective results in teams.
- Valid manitoba driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Current Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry and Prior Contact Checks required.
Open until filled. Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume to:
Attention: Brittany Delaquis, Human Resources Assistant
Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre Inc.
350-200 Alpine Way
Headingley, MB R4H 0B7
Fax # 204-946-5042 or HR@mamawi.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As an Indigenous employer, we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to self declare when applying.