We all know that a day in the office isn’t always fun. Your day mostly consists of being cooped up in your office, sitting at your desk writing emails or looking at spreadsheets. This is troublesome for those who are trying to stay active and healthy. You must think it’s impossible to stay active and do your work at the same time. Here are 12 great tips on how to stay active while at work!
- WEAR A PEDOMETER AT WORK. Since every step counts, wearing a pedometer is a wonderful motivator to move more during your workday.
- WALK AROUND THE OFFICE. There’s no need to sit still while you talk on the phone or think. Pacing and fidgeting are physical activity.
- WALK AROUND THE BUILDING. Sometimes a face-to-face talk is the best way to communicate (and it gets you up and moving around).
- WALK UP (AND DOWN) THE STAIRS. If you have a choice, always take the stairs. If you have stairs, take as many trips up and down as possible.
- WALK AROUND THE BLOCK. Got a coffee break? Got a few free minutes? Take a walk outside and get some fresh air (and extra steps).
- WALK AND TALK. Need to discuss something with a co-worker? A walking meeting can be more productive and healthier too!
- LIFT WEIGHTS WHILE YOU TALK. Keep a weight near the telephone; pick it up when you get a call and pump your arms while you talk.
- TAKE A WEIGHT BREAK. Feeling tired and bogged down? Take five minutes to lift your hand weights and get your blood flowing.
- WORK YOUR ABS. You can strengthen tummy muscles while sitting in a chair. Sit straight, tighten muscles and release. Repeat.
- STRETCH YOUR ARMS AND LEGS. Stuck at your desk? Use a resistance band for a five minute stretch. Your mind and body will be more flexible.
- STETCH YOUR STRESS AWAY. Tension in your shoulders, neck and back is easy to release with standing stretches and a resistance band.
- CHECK YOUR PEDOMETER. How many steps do you take during a typical workday? Any ideas for adding a few more steps here or there?
And there you have it! 12 great tips on how to stay active at work. That wasn’t so hard was it?
Do you have any tips you would like to share? Comment below!